2019 STIHL MS 181 C-BE
A chainsaw with reduced-emission engine technology, STIHL Easy2Start™ and Quick Chain Adjuster.
"I took this saw up to my mountain property,and chopped several fallen trees up to 14 inches, and it operated surprisingly smooth and strong for a saw its size. the easy start feature is the greatest thing since sliced bread. just pulling slowly on the rope kicks in the spring starter and it fires right up. you have to try it to believe it."
The MS 181 C-BE is our gift to anyone who gets that technology is here to serve us. (And not the other way around.) With the Easy2Start™ system on board, firing up this chainsaw couldn't be simpler or faster. Just a light pull on the cord does it. And our Quick Chain Adjuster makes it possible to adjust the saw chain without tools. This model also has our pre-separation air filtration system - which can extend the life of your air filter up to five times over previous models.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine's compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B): The Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B) allows the user to adjust the tension of the chain without the use of tools. This allows for easy chain adjustment.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine's correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty" side of the air box.
- Displacement: 31.8 cc (1.9 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.5 kW (2.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 4.6 kg (10.1 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 280 cc (9.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 180 cc (6.1 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" PMM3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12" to 16")STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E
- Power Source: Gas
- 1.9 cu. in. (31.8 cc)
- Horse Power
- 2.0 bhp (1.5 kW)
- 10.1 lb. (4.6 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 to 40 cm)