2019 STIHL BT 45 Earth Auger
A gasoline-powered earth auger that is great for mass flower plantings or deep root fertilization.
For large landscaping projects like mass plantings, ditch the shovel and pick up the BT 45 earth auger from STIHL. Its lightweight gasoline-powered engine goes where electric models don't, so you can dig in remote areas. Ideal for mass flower plantings or deep root fertilization, this small, compact landscaping auger helps you work large amounts of soil more quickly with less fatigue. A primer bulb and throttle lock make the auger easy to start, while an anti-vibration system and ergonomic design make it easy to operate.
NOTE: The BT 45 earth auger is not for rocky, compacted soil or drilling large post holes.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Two-Speed Gearbox: The two-speed gearbox includes a neutral position as well as a reverse gear to help back out jammed drill bits.
- Displacement: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.8 kW (1.07 bhp)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 250 cc (8.5 oz.)
- Drill Speed: 1st Gear: 663 rpm 2nd Gear: 1,972 rpm Reverse: 590 rpm
- Power Source: Gas
- Weight*: 4.8 kg (10.5 Ibs.)
- 1.66 cu. in. (27.2 cc)
- Engine Power
- 1.07 bhp (0.8 kW)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 oz. (250 cc)
- Engine Speed
- 1st Gear: 663 rpm 2nd Gear: 1,972 rpm Reverse: 590 rpm
- 10.5 lb. (4.8 kg)